All patients visiting our clinic are required to complete the Patient Screening Form before their visit.
5 Reasons Why Cosmetic Dentistry Can Improve Your Life for a New and Improved You!
Who doesn’t want a beautiful smile? As a Mississauga Dentist who has created numerous smile transformations we know about the impact cosmetic dentistry can have on your life. Although the visual outcome of a beautiful smile with cosmetic dentistry is what the majority of patients seek there are many more benefits; looking at cosmetic dentistry as an option to improve your overall health is definitely one to consider.
Before any cosmetic work is done improving or maintaining gum health is essential to ensure long-lasting cosmetic dental work. It is always recommended that you see your dental hygienist on a regular basis for removal of deposits and irritants that brushing and flossing can’t. Your “dental hygiene” schedule will be determined by a complete gum assessment.
Once it has been determined that you have good periodontal (gum) health we can move forward to achieve that new beautiful and functional smile, with cosmetic dental treatment.
So what are the top 5 reasons why a new smile with cosmetic dentistry can improve your life?
Let’s take a look at what a cosmetic dentist in Mississauga can do for you.
1. IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH – Improving your smile through cosmetic dentistry can improve your health by giving you a more functional smile. When teeth do not align properly or don’t come together evenly the forces of biting and chewing or even simply closing your teeth together can be traumatic for other teeth. We have an upper arch and opposing arch because they are meant to compliment one another for this very reason – so that biting forces are distributed evenly. When one tooth or just a couple of teeth are not aligned, this can cause more force to be put on them. A need for root canal treatment or tooth loss often occurs as a result of trauma to teeth. Cosmetic dentistry sometimes paired with orthodontic treatment can help achieve that optimal function to ensure your teeth are balanced which will prolong their longevity and give you the most ideal bite. This makes it easier to chew food comfortably and also speak well.
2. BUILD SELF CONFIDENCE – Improving your smile can help with your level of confidence and well-being. When you have the smile you’ve always wanted your confidence improves. People look at you differently and with more positivity. We love the changes we’ve seen in our own patients after their transformations and know how life-changing a smile makeover can be. Not smiling or being pre-occupied with your smile and trying to hide it is something no one wants to have to do. Smiling is universal and studies show that it is definitely one of the key things people do notice.
3. CLEAN AND HEALTHY TEETH AND GUMS – Another benefit of having a smile makeover is it will improve your ability to keep your teeth clean which will lead to keeping your teeth and gums healthier. When your teeth are more aligned and fit better together they will be easier to clean. Also it is much easier to clean smooth surfaces such as a veneer or crown vs. surfaces that are rough and attract food and debris. It is also much easier to floss in between teeth that are straight and aligned.
4. YOUR MOUTH FEELS BETTER – Having a functional smile can also improve how “things feel.” When your teeth come together comfortably and your tongue touches your aligned teeth the sensation is different than how it feels when you bite down and your teeth do not line up. Your tongue touching your “better proportioned” or “better aligned” teeth may also offer a nicer sensation than rough surfaces depending on the extent of cosmetic dentistry you have.
5. EATING IS MORE ENJOYABLE – Improving your smile through cosmetic dentistry can also improve how it feels when you eat and chew your food. When there are gaps present or a misalignment of teeth things can constantly get stuck leaving you with an uncomfortable feeling. If your treatment entails replacement of missing teeth this too will make a noticeable difference in chewing your food and also in how your teeth feel.
When you take everything into consideration cosmetic dentistry in Mississauga is an investment in your health. If this is something you’re considering, it’s important to speak to us about what we can do to help you achieve this goal. As an experienced and trusted cosmetic dentist, Dr. Lee can provide you with various options to achieve your best smile ever! Contact Credit River Dental Centre, your Mississauga dental office, so our caring and friendly team can assist you in starting your path to a new and improved you!