We all know that dental concerns and dental emergencies do not stop because of the COVID-19 Pandemic. As your Mississauga dentist we will be providing FREE dental consultation through video conferencing or through telephone call to discuss your dental concerns. We can be reached at (416) 937-5177. If you’re experiencing any dental pain or discomfort our team is on standby to ensure we can treat you in the event of a dental emergency.
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!
During this time Social Distancing is a must.
If you or any of you family members are experience.
- Sore Throat
- Runny Nose
- Difficulty Breathing (More Severe Cases)
It has been recommended to self-isolate away from other family members to avoid cross-contamination.
Things to consider avoiding and what you can do during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Make sure to do what you can to boost your immune system by
- Having a cup of warm water and lemon daily.
- Taking vitamin C tablets (make sure you take the right dosage for your age)
- Eating fruits rich in vitamin C such as oranges, cantaloupe, grapefruit, kiwi fruit, mango, papaya, pineapple, berries, and watermelon.
- Taking Immune Boosters such as Emergen-C and other immune boosting products (if you are taking tablets this may not be necessary or vice versa) – read product labels for any contra-indications.
- Keeping hydrated by drinking water and following the 8 by 8 rule – eight glasses of eight ounces of fluid such as water daily.
- Sleeping for at least 8 hours a day.
- Clean your hands. If hand sanitizer is not available, wash your hands frequently with hand soap.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth as these are all portals of entry for the virus.
- Avoid high traffic areas which include grocery stores. Yes, we all need to provide food for our families so a trip to the grocery store is sometimes a must OR is it? If you must go to the grocery store minimize frequent visits by creating a list of your family’s needs so your visits are less frequent. It would be best to avoid the grocery store as much as possible so perhaps looking at other options such as online grocery shopping would be a better idea. Bigger stores such as Wal-Mart, Superstore, etc. offer home delivery as an option for a small fee or also offer mobile pick-up. There are also other private online grocery stores that special in home delivery that can be used. If online grocery shopping will not work for you, look at smaller, around the corner family like stores to do your shopping at. Call to see how busy they are before you head out.
- Make sure to also stock up on some essentials such as prescription medication, medication in the event that a family member becomes ill, and allergy medication if needed should be considered. Some pharmacies offer a delivery program as well or a mobile pick-up.
- Avoid unnecessary contact with elderly family members as they are the population most at risk. If you need to help a family member out with grocery shopping, picking up of medications, etc., leave them at the door for your family member to ensure their safety.
Reality is, is that we must assume everyone is a carrier since symptoms do not have to be present for the virus to be passed from one person to another. Therefore physical contact should be avoided if possible including handshakes and hugging.
Panic is the one thing that we must avoid during this time. Remember to enjoy the company of your family and the time you have to do things you may have put on the back burner like cleaning the house, finishing a project or just spending time together. This too will pass and when it does we look back and remember this time of social distancing when we have become the closest we have to one another.
As your Mississauga dentist we care about your health and hope that you take appropriate measures to survive this COVID-19 Pandemic.