As your Port Credit Dentist and your dentist in Mississauga, we are also available to be your emergency dentist in Mississauga to help you through a dental emergency should it occur. We are available to schedule you in when a painful, dental emergency occurs. This can certainly disrupt your day or worse yet, your vacation!!! Unfortunately, dental emergencies can happen without notice, anytime, anywhere and sometimes the discomfort is hard to ignore and sometimes it is downright excruciating. At Credit River Dental we are always available whenever you need immediate expert treatment for your dental emergency. During off business hours you can call reach us at (416) 937-5177, and we will help you schedule an emergency visit so that we can have you smiling again as soon as possible! Here at Credit River Dental we know that it’s never the right time for a dental emergency so it’s best to have regular check-ups and examinations so that we can detect small problems before they turn into much more costly big problems
What do we consider a Dental Emergency?
At Credit River Dental here in Port Credit we are equipped to deal with a number of emergency situations. Dental problems that require emergency treatment include but are not limited to :
- A hit to the mouth resulting in injury or loss of a tooth. Receiving a hit to the mouth can result in chipped teeth, loose teeth, or even teeth knocked out of your mouth. This emergency should be attended to right away, before causing further damage and time is of the essence: 30 minutes can mean the difference between saving your tooth and having to replace it. The sooner emergency dental treatment is performed, the more likely the chances of saving your tooth. If this happens to you, contact our emergency dentist in Mississauga as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
- A toothache. Toothaches can be caused by a number of different reasons such as: a broken tooth, infection, a cracked tooth, decay or damage from grinding or clenching. The severity of pain can be in indicator of a serious problem, especially if you can't even eat or drink without experiencing excruciating agony. If this is the case, it's best to visit an emergency dentist in Mississauga right away so the problem doesn't get worse.
- Chipped or fractured tooth/teeth : A chipped or fractured tooth can happen as a result of: a fall, sports-related injuries, fighting, car accidents, cavities, or accidentally biting on hard food. You can help increase your chances or saving your teeth when you do the following :
- Try to save all the pieces of the fractured tooth
- Rinse your mouth out with warm water
- Place an ice pack on your cheek or lips, where your tooth was broken to reduce the swelling
- Take an over the counter pain medication to relieve the pain
- Call us
- A swelling in your cheek or gums and certainly if the swelling is making it hard for you to breathe : This could be an infection from plaque and gum disease, or a reaction to food getting stuck in between the teeth but it can also be a sign of something more serious. It could be an infection coming from inside a tooth and depending on where it is in the mouth it can either just be a nuisance, cause pain or worse yet, impact your breathing if it is under your tongue. In that last case call 911 and get to the hospital ER as soon as possible.
Acting quickly is one of the most important things when it comes to saving your teeth. In a situation like this, make sure to stay focused, not to panic and follow the recommended protocol - then give us a call and we'll address your emergency as quickly as possible. We are here to help as your emergency dentist in Mississauga, and a prompt call to review the issue can save you a lot of pain and discomfort.
- If a crown or bridge falls off : If a crown or bridge falls out, you may experience some temperature sensitivity. Although not an extremely serious situation, it can be an interruption to eating your favourite foods, so it's best to get the tooth looked at right away. If you wait too long, the teeth around the lost crown or bridge can start to shift as well. Just make sure to bring your crown with you when you come in.
We know accidents can happen at any time, so we will try to provide emergency dental treatment when you need it. We will try our best to get you a same day appointment (or same hour if there's an opening in our emergency designated appointment spaces) depending on our availability and the severity of your situation. If you are in need of emergency dental treatment in the Port Credit or Mississauga area, give Credit River Dental a call at 905-278-4297. We’re your Emergency Dentist in Mississauga when you need us!