Want Whiter Teeth Without Bleaching?
By : Dr. Samson Lee
Here are 5 makeup tips that can make your teeth look whiter
- Lipstick ShadeWith lipsticks, the key is to look for those with bluer undertones as opposed to yellow. Slightly purple tones will help teeth appear somewhat whiter than those that lean yellow or orange. How does it work? If we look at the colour wheel, blue and orange/yellow sit across from each other, so blue tones tend to cancel out orange or yellow tones when placed side by side together, and vice versa. Therefore, lipsticks with a blue base will help cancel out any orange or yellow tones on your teeth.Red lipstick usually lean one of blue, pink, or orange. Blue tones will provide the greatest whitening effect, pink tones will be relatively neutral, and orange tones will provide a slightly yellowing effect. Unfortunately, darker shades in general will make teeth appear slightly yellower.
- BronzerAs far as having an influence on the appearance of your teeth, your bronzer can either lead to your ultimate downfall or make you a star. Avoid going too orange but rather use a subtle taupe-toned bronzer in order to lift your teeth an entire shade brighter.
- Eye MakeupSimilar to the way your teeth will look whiter if you use a lipstick with cool or blue undertones, wearing cooler eyeshadows will help to deflect any yellow tones. Wear purple, blue and silver eyeshadows through the winter months in orderto brighten your smile, whereas in the spring try green and turquoise lids.
- Contour the curves of your mouthYour lips can appear fuller by accentuating the shape of your mouth and, combine that with a berry-toned lipstick in order to kick up the shine in your teeth. Trace around the edge of your lip line with a highlighting pencil while putting some extra emphasis on the curve of your cupid’s bow.
- Lip GlossSimilar in the way cooler hues in lipsticks can help to enhance the appearance of your pearly whites, the flecks of shimmer or glitter in your lip gloss follow a similar colour rule. Toss away any glosses that contain gold or bronze-toned glitter, and choose one with a silver shimmer instead in order to offer a sparkly smile.And of course if you would like to whiten your teeth the more traditional way then please do not hesitate to contact us at the Credit River Dental Centre in beautiful Port Credit, Mississauga.